George Robert Goodson started in the electrical business in 1954. He relocated to Palmetto with his wife, Patricia, and their two children (one year-old daughter, Kim, and two-year old son, Mark). After twelve years with Piggot Electric, George struck out on his own by founding G.R.Goodson Electric in 1966. He worked out of his home for the next 8 years.
The year 1974 brought many changes. The business incorporated, changed to its present name, and moved into a new office at 1415 10th Street West in Palmetto. That same year, Mark Goodson graduated from college and rejoined his father in the business (who he had worked with from childhood).
Mark became President and CEO of Goodson Electric, Inc. in 1977, overseeing the company’s growth to the present time (building and relocating to its present location of 620 17th Street West, Palmetto in 1982). He expanded GEI’s employee base to over 75 employees and 35 trucks. Gross sales topped 6.5 million in 2006, with over 2000 invoices mailed out that year.
Mark and his wife (Veenie) still live in the town in which they grew up: Palmetto, Florida. They have three children, and two grandchildren. Mark has been heavily involved in his community and welcomes you to read his complete bio just below this paragraph.
Click on image for larger version.